Monday, September 04, 2006

Displacement Activity

So my kitchen floor got cleaned... ...my mind eased & today I got up and did some work. I didn't do enough, I didn't get down to it soon enough, but I think I've decided what I am going to write about, if not how. Academic writing is fine once you are really into it, but I've let my head get really out of it and now can only do fluff. You know what though, there is usually a social scientist who will have a theory to support anything I think of; is there any such thing as an original thought anyway? & I shall just hunt for the right one, I have one in the back of my mind, if I can only figure out how to apply it. It's a social work MA BTW, I gave up my well paid job to go into public service, & I am hopeless at applying the theory to practice. After all, when I whisk that child into the care system (otherwise known as state neglect) is anyone going to ask me if I am practicising systems theory. I really wish I was doing it better, it would be so reassuring to all around me if I could quote chapter & verse to support my work, about to go on my next placement, I hope to find a nice maternal type to take me under her wing and make all the mud clear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home