Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby P RIP

Baby P's father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said in a statement: 'Those who systematically tortured P and killed him kept it a secret, not just from me but from all the people who visited the house up until P's death.


'Even after he died, they lied to cover up their abuse.'


In a short statement he continued: 'The verdicts will help to bring closure for what has been a very traumatic time for me, P's family and indeed all those who knew and were close to him.


'P was a bouncing 17-month-old boy. I loved him deeply. I remember how he used to run up to me... or when he was in his pram he would bounce up and down until I took him out, giving me hugs and kisses.'


'I would like to thank the police for their efforts in obtaining the evidence to bring a conclusion to this case.


'I would also like to thank the social workers who have been involved since P's death. They have acted with professionalism and courtesy.

'Finally, I wish to thank my family and friends who have given me comfort and support during this traumatic time.


'At this stage, I intend to make no further comment. I would ask you to respect my privacy and that of my family.


'Please allow us to get on with our lives and rebuild our futures.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home