Friday, July 28, 2006

The Experience that is Ikea

Sometimes it is easy to forget that there is a pay off for the Ikea experience. En route, I know that the quality is much the same as shabitat and their ideas so inventive. I know that I might get some coloured glasses that will lose their appeal in a little while, but when they only cost 99p, this matters less. I will often wonder if I need to exercise my social conscience, but assume they have done all that work for me and their prices are so low because they make us do all the work. Really, to do Ikea well, one needs to be focused; no good to drift around as I just have, managing to spend £70 on absolutely nothing I needed, which wasn;t too bad actually because I usually rack up a much higher bill on nonsense. I shall reflect on the bookcase/mattress/whatever else it was I actually went to look at, possibly sending a man who can do focus to exectute the task(!) someone who doesn't think going when it is really quiet is just a better reason to dawdle, meander and wonder. The real pay off is the utter exhaustion of the experience, and my total bemusement at being just this tired having accomplished nothing, well maybe not entirely nothing; I shall be off now to sample the apple vodka.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik Donald France said...

I couldn't agree more about Ikea -- they just opened a new one in Detroit and it's exactly as you describe. Cheers, Erik

6:54 PM  
Blogger Helen Sparkles said...

Good to know they are the same the world over?

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home